PW (Potable Water) Hose is a distinct version of TE hose for potable water service. PW hose has been fully tested to prove compatibility with potable water, including taste and odour. It is used in mobile applications to transfer large volumes of drinking water from tank trucks to major public events or work sites, as well as emergency water supply lines to bypass water mains where service has been curtailed due to construction. PW hose is much easier to couple, install and remove than polyethylene pipe, and is resistant to petrochemical ingress and resulting water contamination.
PW hose meets the following standards/requirements:
- England,NorthernIrelandandWales:Approvedforuse inpublicwatersuppliespertheSecretaryofState’s List of Approved Products, listing 56/4/62, as published by the Drinking Water Inspectorate (DWI).
- Poland:National Institute ofPublic Health listing HK/W/0105/01/2009.
- Scotland:Approved by theScottish Ministers perWaterSupply (Water Quality) (Scotland) Regulations 2001, Regulation 27/4.
- UK Private Schemes: Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) Approval Number 0710512.
- USA:Meets and exceeds standard NSF 61 for potable water.